Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

day 1

Hey Everyone. So I figured I'd share on something that my husband and I are recently starting. In fact, it starts today. So this marks day 1. Brandon recently really felt like the Lord was calling him to fast for a elongated period of time and wasn't sure what the fast may look like. But we both wanted to seek God pertaining to strategy.....a God-given blue print for the city of Rochester. Vision is a wonderful and powerful thing, but where's the steps to put it in action? And when we try to do things in our own way, our own time, most times the plan fails. So we're asking God for HIS strategy.

It then dawned on us as we were sharing about how sick the food industry makes us feel. That it is as if they have set people up to fail. And as the words came from my mouth...."is it even possible to eat a completely unprocessed diet?" and it hit us both. That's what our fast was suppose to be. No processed foods, no not one. The hard part about it all is even some "organic" foods are still processed so this changes things for us a lot. No cereals, no pasteurized dairy or juices, nothing prepared by someone else's hands, just simply foods....back to the basics of basics. I'll be honest I don't know if i can do it. But I'm asking God for grace and creativity. I'm VERY pregnant right now, but I'll be needing to make my own bread, prepare my own dairy (yogurt, butter, cheese), and prepare all my meals from scratch with no aid of a processed food. It's a lot to think about, but I think thats the point of the fast.

I really feel as we eat food that has been undefiled and untouched by man, that it is a prophetic act of God revealing a plan, a strategy that is also undefiled, untouched by man....a heavenly blue-print.

Also there are some things happening today that I think are really timely to everything. My mother (in-law) is coming into town to help me. Lately I have been in a lot of pain from the baby and how low she is sitting. I've had severe sciatic never pinching causing numbing and pain in my back and legs, along with LOTS of pressure of my pelvic bone, which has been making things difficult for bending and going up and down stairs. I've been been going to the chiropractor with some relief, but only for a couple days. So she's come to help, so focusing on simple things (like what i should eat) should be more of a joyful process than strenuous one :-) I'm really excited to have the extra help. I'm just not able to do what I normally do at this point.

I'll be sharing any new recipes I try on here. This is all pretty new to me and I never really found a good enough reason to try this, so now that I have I'm super excited. I plan to try quite a few recipes as well from Covenant Health's website....they have lots of great recipes from simple raw foods that look delicious.

so here's to day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts