Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Green and healthy-gut smoothie!




This is what I had for lunch today :-)

Ingredients:
Whole milk cultured yogurt 
Scoop of Triple Greens
Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 over-ripe bananas, fresh or frozen
Little raw honey to taste

Here's what I use for my triple greens:


The reason I LOVE triple greens because it really helps me to get nutrients from food that I wouldn't get otherwise.


If your wondering why probiotics are great for you, or just thinking maybe I need some help figuring out if I have enough "good" bacteria to help gut flora I recommend taking a look at this!

I have personally been having gut issues for many years without realizing it. I also have indoor and outdoor allergies, not extreme, but enough to make me uncomfortable. Probiotic have been ONE way I have had help in this area. 

Also you can replace almond milk with coconut milk or raw grass-fed cow's milk. This is typically what I would do since this really helps me with my allergies, but our local farm doesn't produce from January to Spring. What I love about our milk is that I can make my own yogurt out of it without having to purchase from the store, that way I'm guaranteed live active good bacteria :)

The best part about this smoothie is that I was stuffed full! I could barely finish it and it provided a great amount of energy for a run at the gym! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts