Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

something supernatural (Prayer at Moriah)


Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of things God is doing? I mean, I love it. I love when there's so much revelation on the table you can't stand it. I love when there is an ocean of knowledge God is unleashing. I love talking to God and knowing He is speaking back. I love feeling in love.

I was in great expectation going to Camp Moriah (Poplar Bluff, MO). For those who don't know, Mt. Moriah was where Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son, Isaac, on the altar. It's also believed to be where the first and second temple of the Lord was built. Moriah means, "God is my teacher", and "ordained by God". That, in and of itself, was so powerful to me. Yet, the Lord made it quite clear to me that "it" was not going to come how I would expect it. What was "it"? Well, to be quite honest, I didn't really know.

here's the thing.... Do you ever read the Word of God and leave baffled by the fact all of its promises and supernatural encounters are not consistently operating in your life? When I read the Word, it seriously challenges me to my core. I think a lot of the Church, along with myself, suffers from the fear of man. Truth be told, that if we believed that God was "faithful and just to perform His Word", then a lot of us would living a whole lot different. It's a wonderful thing to be a mother, meet God in my comfortable home, maybe even fellowship a little during the week with other believers, but simply, I believe God wants so much more for us. So much more! If our love for God was greater than our love for the world (acceptance, approval, being comfortable, sin), revival would probably be breaking out all across the churches of America.

I believe the "it" I was looking for WAS God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God who defeated the Philistines. The God who delivered Israel from the hand of Pharoah. The God who consumed the water on Elijah's altar and brought fire on all the prophets of Baal. The God who brought a great cloud by day, and fire by night. The God who would save Daniel in a lions' den and keep 3 men alive in a sweltering furnace. I wanted to see the God whom promised I could see Him face to face, promising even a greater glory than what Moses experienced in the wilderness. I wanted to see the God who would save my soul by sending His Son as the perfect sacrifice for my sin. The God who would fulfill every Word spoken, never to return void. The God who gives dreams and visions to mere men. The One who can make the lame walk, the blind see and the dead rise! Oh how the Word of God challenges me! Does it not you? Why don't you tear out the page between your New and Old Testament so that you can be reminded that God has not changed. That it was never intended, by God, for man to separate the two. We serve the same God. We change! But He does not. I cannot help but think I am missing God if His Word is not being performed in my life. I needed an encounter.

Here's something I learned while out in Missouri, an encounter that I so desired does not come without a cost. yeah....yeah....yeah...we've all heard it before. But when are we going to wake up to its reality? The cost is you! Its when you give up everything. You give up your being to the obedience of Jesus. It sounds lovely behind the pulpit, but trust me, your flesh will feel like its being murdered. For myself, I am aware more suffering is to come (if i want more, that is). I am thankful to be back in a real bed, using a real bathroom, having access anytime I want to a shower. But God literally plucked me from all natural means and comfortable reality to make me realize what he really desired from me. - And what the cost would be for His Glory.

TO BE CONTINUED....


i plan to share a lot more. and I really pray that those who read are not only blessed, but also provoked by the Holy Spirit to run after God. I genuinely believe that if you are reading God wants to do something supernatural in your life. I will be praying for my readers - for our pearls will not be thrown to swine.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts