Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Did you know

I am actually a pretty bad speller.
Thank goodness for spell check!

My brain usually is very disorganized.
Thankful for my planner!

My life is very unscheduled and I'm usually pushing my children to join me in the sorts.
But they are so gracious in flying with their mommy!

I'm not great at communicating my feelings,
but my husband doesn't ever complain that he's my guinea pig for practicing:-)

My car looks like a tornado hit it and it smells like one of the stray cats around the neighborhood might have died in the back.
And though I am terribbly frightened on what I could find, I'm thankful today is beautiful so I can finally throw a disinfectant bomb in it.

I have a bad short term memory,
which usually means if you make plans with me they're loose plans (even though I write it down),
but thankful for gracious and understanding friends.

I forgot about my midwife appt yesterday.
But the lady still treated me like I was literate on the phone, so for that I'm thankful.

I'm on NY state medicaid, even though I don't believe in taking from the state.
But it always makes me careful on who I call a hypocrite.

I believe in simple living,
even though I think I have too much.

And lastly, did you know I have 5 years of college and still no degree!
That just makes me think God is hilarious!


Philippians 3:12-15

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you."

Here's my thought. Maybe being perfect is not about what we do or how many mistakes we make. I don't even think its a person without sin. Because then how is perfection obtained? Maybe being perfect is devotion to God, freedom to obey, and the humility to live like we need Him more than anything else.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts